Amsive Digital on September 16th hosted an event at the Chelsea Market Google offices called Measuring Digital in 2015. During the event several topics were discussed such as Customer Journey & Search, Tracking Beyond the Conversion, and Getting the Most Out of Analytics. These discussions were followed by a Digital Panel which included Marlena Conner VP of Marketing at CityMD, Piera Palazzolo SVP Marketing at Dale Carnegie, Rob Levin Director of Digital projects at WWE, and Wesley Germain Sr. SEM Coordinator at iCims. The Panel was moderated by Inna Zeyger, Sr. Digital Media Strategist at Amsive Digital.
Starting off the event was CEO of Amsive Digital Michael Coppola who focused on Customer Journey and Search. Some take-ways from this portion of the event:
- Marketers must evolve to focus on effective conversions.
- All conversions are not created equal; we must take steps to provide the data.
- Our digital tactics & strategies must evolve to consumer behavior.
- Understand we are marketing to a journey & not a moment.
- Customers have many different journeys to purchase
- Marketers must budget for different stages of the customer journey & assign proper KPI’s.
- Search is critical for first & last touch moments in the CDJ, can work with display to build customer loyalty & continues to prove out for more effective conversions.
Tracking Beyond the Conversion, led by Jeff Dougherty discussed the customer funnel, conversion attribution, product data, not all conversions being equal, conversion variation, data integration, events after the conversion, and offline sales tracking. The points were illustrated in a case study for a financial services client. By implementing these data incorporation methods results included:
- Cost per qualified lead reduced by 50% since establishing data
- Budgets increased and average of 40% YOY because more qualified leads were coming in
- We were able to prove ROI for certain keywords and placements that were once deemed not cost effective
- We were able to determine that certain themes drove high value segments to convert on brand terms
Seema Vashi who is a Product & Solution Specialist for Google presented the Getting The Most Out of Analytics.
Following the presentations was a happy hour with food and drinks for guests and speakers to enjoy while mingling amongst each other.