Google has a new feature in Google Analytics that allows us to show ads for our products based on a visitor’s interest. This dynamic remarketing allows us to display those products that were viewed when someone views a site on the Google display network.
Dynamic Remarketing works like this: let’s say a visitor comes to your eCommerce website and views a certain product. They may be looking for information on that product such as size, weight or maybe they just want to read some user reviews. If they leave your website without purchasing that product, you can then show them an ad for it later, on another website. The ad will only be displayed on websites that are part of the Google Display Network.
Using this information provided by Google Analytics, we can then serve up additional ads to clients, even after they have made a purchase. If they bought a pair of jeans, we can suggest a pair of shoes to go with it. I don’t know about you but that would certainly help me out with gift ideas!
Here are the requirements to use Dynamic Remarketing:
- Update your Analytics tracking code to support Display Advertising.
- Link your AdWords and Analytics accounts.
- Link your Google Merchant Center and AdWords accounts.
HERE IS HOW TO IMPLEMENT IT:
- Step 1: Create lists (Create Remarketing Lists in Analytics)
- Step 2: Add Custom Variables (Add Custom Variables to your site pages to collect the values for dynamic page parameters like your Google Merchant Center product IDs)
- Step 3: Create Dynamic Attributes (Identify Custom Variables as Dynamic Attributes, link to your AdWords account)
- Step 4: Create Dynamic Campaigns (Use your Analytics Remarketing Lists as the basis for dynamic-remarketing campaigns in AdWords)
This opens the door to so many possibilities for marketing your products. We have been using this at Amsive Digital for 1 1/2 years and have seen great success. We would love any feedback form you if you have done this already or are looking to try it.