Thank you for your interest in joining our team. We’re committed to excellence. That’s why we invest in great people—knowledgeable, customer-focused, collaborative and responsive—who are trained for today’s problems and tomorrow’s solutions. We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the commitment to mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization. Explore our culture.
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible to lead the operation of the warehouse and its team members to plan and assign work, implement policies and procedures, recommend improvements, ensure quality and on time delivery, ensure 5S, monitor cycle count/inventory process, conduct annual physical inventory, document and track product and information in the Warehouse Receiving area, and adhere to policy. Supervisor will be called upon to actively participate in the following processes: interviewing, disciplining, reviewing, and continuous improvement with employees.
- Ensure the warehouse area is operated and maintained according to procedures.
- Ensure goods are promptly and accurately received according to procedures.
- Verify all goods and information received against the purchase orders and shipping documents.
- Investigate inventory adjustments and aid in the root cause analysis for inventory loss and gains.
- Work with Production on proper material labeling methods, identification of products, and amounts on roll (WIP).
- Work with purchasing and manufacturing teams for cycle counting critical inventory items.
- Maintain accurate records and present timely communications to operations teams.
- Establish and maintain warehouse stocking locations in the system to enable full MRP utilization.
- Maintain accurate inventory – location, count, transaction, cycle counting, excess and obsolete, red tag inventory, etc.
- Ensure that all forklift drivers are properly trained, certified, and operating forklifts according to procedures. Lead forklift training exercises and program.
- Accurately perform inventory transactions to move inventory from location to location within the warehouse.
- Assist in creating POs; Ensure Inventory stock levels and warehouse min/max levels are maintained to prevent shortages.
- Implement and maintain 5S in the warehouse area.
- Develop key metrics to track inventory accuracy, put-away accuracy, on-time shipments, receiving turnaround, and space utilization.
- Maintain an accident free and safe working environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience with warehousing supervision.
- Certified to operate a forklift or able to pass a forklift certification test.
- Must be available to work overtime as business needs require.
- Strong conflict / issue resolution skills.
- English fluency in reading, writing, and speaking required. Bilingual Spanish in reading, writing and speaking preferred.
- Proficient with internet research and MS Office – Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to Execute – Targets and achieves results, sets and accomplishes challenging goals, prioritizes and manages tasks effectively, maintains an organized system to monitor progress, overcomes obstacles and accepts accountability.
- Commitment to Task – Meets commitments, works independently, accepts ownership of projects and outcomes, takes personal responsibility and sets objectives/standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements, shows a sense of urgency about getting results.
- Communication – Clearly exchanges thoughts, ideas and messages through written, verbal and non-verbal methods that promote an understanding with the target audience. Creates accurate and punctual reports, shares information and ideas with others in a timely manner. Listens carefully and attentively.
- Customer Focus – For both internal and external customers, builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction.
- Diversity – Supports an inclusive workplace, incorporates different viewpoints and ideas to maximize performance and contributions of employees, develops strengths in team members, deals respectfully with colleagues, customers and vendors at all levels, understands his/her role in building and sustaining a culture of high performance.
- Initiative – Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development, demonstrates a bias for action without prompting.
- Innovation – Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, pursues ongoing improvements, supports change, encourages originality, solves problems creatively.
- Quality – Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, continuously looks for improvements, finds root cause of problems, owns/acts on problems, seeks opportunities to increase effectiveness and efficiency while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Safety Mindset – Promotes a respect for all aspects of safety, keeps workplace clean and safe, supports safety programs, policies/procedures, takes preventative and corrective action to address potential safety hazards and prevent future injuries, resists temptation to cut corners where safety is concerned, follows all safety related company policies and complies with location specific safety rules, drives safely on and off company property.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of warehousing activities, order picking, rack / bin organization strategies and leading small teams.
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data.
- Strong conflict / issue resolution skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen.
Body Positions: Infrequently required to spend periods on a forklift, intermittent walking, standing and sitting at a computer.
Body Movements: The employee must have a full range of body movements including the use of hands & fingers to handle or feel objects, bending, reaching with hands and arms, and crouching.
Body Senses: Must have command of the following senses: sight, hearing, speech and touch. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, distant vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
Strength: Occasionally must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:00am-3:00pm
This position will spend most of their time working in a production area that is relatively loud with limited time in a professional office environment. This position frequently requires overtime and weekend work. Travel is infrequent.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Amsive, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call (331) 318-7800.
Amsive is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a supportive and inclusive environment for all employees. It is Amsive’s continuing policy to provide equal employment opportunity and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy or childbirth, marital status, national origin, ancestry or citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including (but not limited to) application for employment, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers, training, layoffs, rehires, termination of employment and all other terms and conditions of employment.
As part of the Company’s equal employment opportunity policy, Amsive will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.