Thank you for your interest in joining our team. We’re committed to excellence. That’s why we invest in great people—knowledgeable, customer-focused, collaborative and responsive—who are trained for today’s problems and tomorrow’s solutions. We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the commitment to mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization. Explore our culture.
BASIC PURPOSE: The role of the Production Supervisor is to work with the Director of Operations and other Shift Supervisors to ensure that all jobs are completed on time and in accordance with customer specifications and established quality standards.
- Works with the other Shift Supervisors to implement and fine tune work flows for the production department, which are efficient and make maximum use of the capabilities of the equipment and staff.
- Continuously monitors the Production Schedule so that customer deadlines can be met, and staff can be used most efficiently.
Oversees the production process which includes:
- Participating in the hiring, training and supervising of permanent and temporary staff when needed.
- Overseeing each production employee regarding quality, productivity and safety procedures are being followed.
- Monitoring, adjusting and approving employee PTO requests and time system entries.
- Monitoring the progress of jobs during the shift and making adjustments in pace, staffing or workflow when needed. This includes taking samples from the inserter when called for in the job jacket or seeing to it that the inserter machine operators do so.
- Solving problems that come up during the shift.
- Continuously communicating with CS and peers regarding job status changes.
- Working with the Director of Operations to resolve problems that arise during production.
- Balancing the postage meters to the logs at the end of the shift.
- Responsible for signing off on all jobs during appropriate shift.
- When necessary, works with the staff to complete the job.
- Maintain a positive, friendly, cooperative attitude.
- Participate in all special projects, task forces, committees and other responsibilities as assigned and/ or requested.
Number of Employees Supervised
- 40 hours over a 5 day period; typically Monday through Friday. Scheduled days and times may vary based on need. Occasional overtime and weekend shifts may be required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Degree desired
- 2 – 4 years prior experience in mailing industry.
Skills and Abilities
- Good oral and communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions that are generally guided by established policies and procedures.
- Ability to compile facts and figures.
- Ability to read and write legibly.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Active Listening- Give full attention to what other people are saying.
- Reading Comprehension- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents and instructions.
- Speaking- Talking to others to convey information effectively through face-to-face, phone or other.
- Writing- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Mathematics- Ability to count accurately and do simple math.
- Service Orientation- Actively looking for ways to help others.
- Quality Control Analysis- Inspecting products, services or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Use of Tools- Pallet jacks, wrapping devises, etc.
- Time Management- Managing one’s own time.
- Computer Usage- Using computers to navigate the internet, accurately manipulate data in spreadsheets or databases, typing text and/ or inserting pictures into word processing documents and emails.
Stooping/ Kneeling/ Crouching
- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist, coming to rest on knee or knees and bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine required to stock and retrieve inventory from low level shelving and wrap small pallets and mail trays.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction is required for reaching items stored in high or hard to reach places and to assist in machine operating.
- Remaining stationary while performing tasks either at a standing or sitting position for extended periods of time. Up to 2 hours at a time throughout the work day.
- Moving on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for movement around the plant and while performing tasks.
- Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward and/or to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion to move items from one location to another. Weight can be up to 1 ton.
- Raising objects from a lower to higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position to move items from one location to another. Weight can be up to 70 lbs.
Feeling/ Grasping/ Use of Fingers
- Picking, pinching, applying pressure to an object with fingers and palm are used to perform tasks.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word is needed to communicate requests with coworkers, superiors, etc. and warn of safety concerns in emergency situations.
- Perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels to ensure safety while working in Production/ Warehouse areas and hear verbal requests for job tasks.
- Required to have visual acuity to operate equipment and prepare and analyze data and figures, view a computer terminal, visually inspect materials and read at distances close to the eyes.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions as activities occur inside.
- Inside approximately 100%, Outside approximately 0%.
- Close-toed shoes required.
- Ear plugs, gloves and other safety equipment are required for certain machines and tasks.
- Subject to a variety of physical conditions such as moving mechanical parts, electrical current, moving vehicles and high places.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Amsive, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call (331) 318-7800.
Amsive is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a supportive and inclusive environment for all employees. It is Amsive’s continuing policy to provide equal employment opportunity and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy or childbirth, marital status, national origin, ancestry or citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including (but not limited to) application for employment, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers, training, layoffs, rehires, termination of employment and all other terms and conditions of employment.
As part of the Company’s equal employment opportunity policy, Amsive will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.