Amsive is a data-centric omnichannel marketing services agency with approximately 1,000 employees. The agency’s roots are in digital/direct marketing and graphic communications and over the past 5 years have transformed into a leading strategic marketing services agency with a diversity of strategic offerings and solutions for marketing clients. We have brought together award-winning teams with deep data resources, expert marketing channel execution and industry experience across many client verticals. We bring our clients’ marketing to life by shaping strategy, identifying audiences, developing creative, and executing omnichannel communications across digital, direct mail and traditional media. We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the commitment to mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization. Explore our culture.
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Large Format Production Supervisor role oversees and assist with operations pertaining to the Large Format Print Operations. This role provides day to day direction on production activities performed by Operations Specialists and assists with operations in this department.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Establishes and maintains a lean process flow to maximize efficiencies.
- Monitors and prioritizes work-flows to ensure deadlines are met.
- Understands and executes whatever is required to achieve on time fulfilment of all products.
- Manage an efficient flow of goods to ensure optimum production environment.
- Maintains a good professional working relationship with all associates, leads, shift managers and technicians.
- Assist operators by answering questions and demonstrating operations.
- Analyze / resolve work related problems and assist employees with trouble shooting / solving manufacturing issues / quality incidents.
- Makes recommendation for process changes when we can improve.
- Evaluates personnel requirement and communicate with Manager on a daily basis.
- Ensures all processes and procedures are being following by team-mates in the area.
- Ensures efficient operations of staff by assessing the effectiveness of daily tasks through coaching team members.
- May assist the operations leader with staffing, on-boarding, training and development for employees including establishing goal objectives and performance metrics.
- Owns responsibility for machine maintenance / ensuring equipment is up and running.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 3-5 years in a complex, custom product manufacturing environment; print experience helpful.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing others, required.
- Experience working in a commercial print facility, preferred.
- Must have very good oral and written communication skills sufficient to explain departmental policy, methods and/or procedures when completing assignments.
- Must have very good knowledge of technology to include computers and software programs.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 3 to 5 years related experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to multi-task.
- Bilingual English / Spanish is a plus
- Ability to Execute – Targets and achieves results, sets and accomplishes challenging goals, prioritizes and manages tasks effectively, maintains an organized system to monitor progress, overcomes obstacles and accepts accountability.
- Commitment to Task – Meets commitments, works independently, accepts ownership of projects and outcomes, takes personal responsibility and sets objectives/standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements, shows a sense of urgency about getting results.
- Communication – Clearly exchanges thoughts, ideas and messages through written, verbal and non-verbal methods that promote an understanding with the target audience. Creates accurate and punctual reports, shares information and ideas with others in a timely manner. Listens carefully and attentively.
- Customer Focus – For both internal and external customers, builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction.
- Diversity – Supports an inclusive workplace, incorporates different viewpoints and ideas to maximize performance and contributions of employees, develops strengths in team members, deals respectfully with colleagues, customers and vendors at all levels, understands his/her role in building and sustaining a culture of high performance.
- Initiative – Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development, demonstrates a bias for action without prompting.
- Innovation – Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, pursues ongoing improvements, supports change, encourages originality, solves problems creatively.
- Quality – Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, continuously looks for improvements, finds root cause of problems, owns/acts on problems, seeks opportunities to increase effectiveness and efficiency while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Safety Mindset – Promotes a respect for all aspects of safety, keeps workplace clean and safe, supports safety programs, policies/procedures, takes preventative and corrective action to address potential safety hazards and prevent future injuries, resists temptation to cut corners where safety is concerned, follows all safety related company policies and complies with location specific safety rules, drives safely on and off company property.
- Process oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data.
- Able to work overtime as required.
- Ability to oversee, assign tasks and follow up with small group of employees on a regular basis.
- Ability to oversee, assign tasks and follow up with a larger group for a short period of time during peak.
The Large Format Finishing supervisor role reports directly to the Manager of Finishing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen.
Body Positions: Infrequently required to spend periods on a forklift, regular walking, standing and moving.
Body Movements: The employee must have a full range of body movements including the use of hands & fingers to handle or feel objects, bending, reaching with hands and arms, and crouching.
Body Senses: Must have command of the following senses: sight, hearing, speech and touch. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, distant vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
Strength: Occasionally must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 3:30pm – 12:00am
This position will spend most of their time working in a production area that is relatively loud with limited time in a professional office environment. This position has limited overtime and has a short period of the year with significant overtime. Travel is infrequent.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Amsive, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call (331) 318-7800.
Amsive is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a supportive and inclusive environment for all employees. It is Amsive’s continuing policy to provide equal employment opportunity and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy or childbirth, marital status, national origin, ancestry or citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including (but not limited to) application for employment, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers, training, layoffs, rehires, termination of employment and all other terms and conditions of employment.
As part of the Company’s equal employment opportunity policy, Amsive will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.