We’re committed to excellence. That’s why we invest in great people—knowledgeable, customer-focused, collaborative and responsive—who are trained for today’s problems and tomorrow’s solutions. We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the commitment to mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization.
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for the quality and productivity of the work performed by employees on their shift. Providing performance improvement and corrective action while maintaining open communication with team members. Maximizes productivity and emphasizes quality control, while maximizing the company’s profits and minimizing costs. Establishes and maintains effective communication with employees and other departments ensuring quality, accuracy, and on-time reliability.
- Participates in employee performance reviews and disciplinary action in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Meet deadlines and achieve production goals pertaining to workflow, employees and equipment.
- Adheres to production schedules and manages employee time.
- Reviews and relays job requirements to employees.
- Train employees to ensure job skill proficiency and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Participating in continuous improvement and process measures to increase productivity.
- Conducts QC checks as per standard operating procedures, ensuring quality of work is per customer expectations.
- Responsible for maintaining and monitoring company policy procedure throughout the department including quality control policy.
- Operates equipment as needed to ensure schedule is completed.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Preferred High School/GED or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
- Excellent attendance record and punctuality
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of USPS regulations preferred
- Working with co-workers and employees to accomplish company production goals.
- Respects the confidentiality of company information.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Preferred supervisory experience and/or relevant education.
Work Environment: Production Facility
Hours: Sunday through Thursday. 11:00pm – 7:30am (Overtime as needed, must be able to work weekends). Non-exempt, hourly.
- Must be able to be able to stand on feet for at least 8 hours/day
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE): Certain PPE may be required while performing specific job functions
Security Clearance: Amsive is a Federal Contractor and this position may require government security clearance for certain projects.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Amsive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Please do not call or contact directly. Please include salary history and professional references. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.