Thank you for your interest in joining our team. We’re committed to excellence. That’s why we invest in great people—knowledgeable, customer-focused, collaborative and responsive—who are trained for today’s problems and tomorrow’s solutions. We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the commitment to mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization. Explore our culture.
Summary/Objective: The Senior SQL Developer will work with internal customer, stakeholder and other database developers to translate business requirements into data integration routines to move, cleanse and transform very large amounts of household and marketing data. This role will create and ensure solutions are being deliverable in a timely and consistent manner. This position will work with cross functional teams to understand the business needs and suggest innovated solutions to leverage technologies and approaches to provide efficient processing of massive amounts of data
- Deep experience in developing high volume, scalable, data-intensive database systems.
- Develop solutions for our clients and act as the lead developer for 1-2 clients
- Programming requirements will include data hygiene, ETL, computations, aggregations, analytics, ad-hoc queries, and studies as well as ongoing maintenance in a constantly changing environment.
- Support other teams on enterprise projects
- Investigates, troubleshoots, and corrects data and user related system errors, and ensures data integrity.
- Adhere to the latest security policies based on sensitivity of our client’s data and identify any potential security vulnerabilities within the database infrastructure/code
- Document data flows and mappings as needed
- Set standards for data management and conceive projects needed to eliminate the gap between current state and future goals
- Hands-on project and development work, as demanded by the project and client role
- Technical Aptitude
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Customer/Client Focus
- Business Acumen
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, servers, phones, smartphones, teleconference equipment and photocopiers.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit/stand/walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Full time/Exempt. Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (flexibility with Manager approval). Occasional additional hours as business needs require to complete projects.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related degree from an accredited university or college or demonstrated technical knowledge and equivalent work experience.
- Proven and demonstrable experience in database programming
- 5-10 years of experience developing SQL queries using Microsoft Suite (SQL, SSIS)
- SQL Server performance tuning and exposure to Azure SQL databases experience is a plus
- Experience working with large datasets is a plus
- Experience with marketing or campaign management systems is a plus
- Strong consultative and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be creative, organized, detail oriented, and able to assimilate information quickly
- Ability to build, coach and mentor data & analytics team members
Security Clearance: Amsive is Federal Contractor, and this position may require government security clearance for certain projects.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Full-time employees receive a benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401k plan, Short & Long Term Disability Coverage and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Life insurance, and a generous vacation policy.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Amsive, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call (331) 318-7738.
Amsive is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a supportive and inclusive environment for all employees. It is Amsive’s continuing policy to provide equal employment opportunity and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy or childbirth, marital status, national origin, ancestry or citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including (but not limited to) application for employment, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers, training, layoffs, rehires, termination of employment and all other terms and conditions of employment.
As part of the Company’s equal employment opportunity policy, Amsive will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.