Thank you for your interest in joining our team. We’re committed to excellence. That’s why we invest in great people—knowledgeable, customer-focused, collaborative and responsive—who are trained for today’s problems and tomorrow’s solutions. We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the commitment to mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization. Explore our culture.
Quality Assurance is an important part of every company’s production. Workers who specialize in this area are a valuable part of the company, ensuring that their continued success through monitoring the quality of products given. A detail-oriented proofreader is responsible for the accuracy of the marketing materials that promote our clients’ products and services. The Proofreader ensures that all materials, products, and proofs are released with accurate content. This position inspects and proofreads all content (text, art, color, etc.) within the product to ensure the complete accuracy of material prior to release for next steps in the project lifecycle.
- Highly reliable, detail oriented, organized, fast learner, proofreader
- Extensive proofreading experience, preferably in the Direct Mail Advertising industry.
- Demonstrate a mastery level of knowledge in Agency Programs
Responsibilities Include Ensuring:
- Ensuring the accuracy of variables across all jobs.
- Ensures job instructions meet client expectations
- Proofreading variable content from print, PDF, matrix tables and data tables
- Verifying names, addresses, offers, account numbers, etc.
- Reviewing and understanding client specs, verbiage, and matrices.
- Check correctness of page numbers and headings, figures, tables, and boxes
- Provide feedback to programmers/Client Services when issues arise asking them to reach out to clients on issues/questions.
- Check whether the copy is not cut off at beginning and end of paragraphs and beginning and end of pages.
- Check for loose/tight lines, widows, orphans, bad breaks, or typographical and compositional errors
- Ensure that pages are whole and logically arranged
- Accurate spelling, grammar, punctuation, point size, text style, spacing and formatting
- Measure dimensions, spacing, and positioning of page elements to verify conformance to specifications
- Client revisions have been applied.
- Style and branding guidelines are adhered to.
- Proofread all jobs and performs quality checks for accuracy of content and style, image position and overall composition
- Use available systems to digitally check documents for accuracy
- Receives, prepares copy for initial production stages, and performs quality auditing, sampling and inspections as assigned
- Cross trains in various skill sets as assigned and meets all internal tracking requirements
- Making sure deadlines are met
- Doing quality control checks on the floor, checking for tabs, score, fold, glue and insertion.
- Providing turnover notes/information to other members of the department.
- Familiar with use of Adobe tools meant for proofreading
- Acquiring and maintaining knowledge of our clients’ ever-changing communication standards and styles to best uphold product integrity.
- Developing effective working relationships with, and readily taking direction from, creative and account team members.
- Utilizing multiple information resources to verify accuracy of information.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in English, Journalism or related field
- 3+ years of previous proofreading experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Amsive, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call (331) 318-7800.
Amsive is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a supportive and inclusive environment for all employees. It is Amsive’s continuing policy to provide equal employment opportunity and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy or childbirth, marital status, national origin, ancestry or citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including (but not limited to) application for employment, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers, training, layoffs, rehires, termination of employment and all other terms and conditions of employment.
As part of the Company’s equal employment opportunity policy, Amsive will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.