Thank you for your interest in joining our team. We’re committed to excellence. That’s why we invest in great people—knowledgeable, customer-focused, collaborative and responsive—who are trained for today’s problems and tomorrow’s solutions. We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the commitment to mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization. Explore our culture.
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Large Format Project Manager is primarily responsible for error free execution of customer projects, system compliance and constructing estimates in our MIS.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Organize and manage small, medium, large projects and follow progress from receipt to completion of project.
- Construction of Estimates in our MIS.
- Conversion of Estimates to Jobs in our MIS.
- Average of 30+ job lines per week entered.
- Work with vendors to establish pricing for materials that are non-inventory items / custom run products.
- Establish project priorities and graphic standards for all projects related to assigned accounts.
- Works with Procurement to source required items for all related projects.
- Coordinate and facilitate all print production and distribution of customer materials.
- Assist the sales process by providing a communication link between customer, account management and plant operations.
- Communication with clients, sales and vendors primarily via phone and e-mails.
- Maintains a good professional working relationship with all associates, leads, shift managers and technicians.
- Assist production by answering questions and demonstrating desired finished products.
- Participate in daily production meetings.
- Special projects as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3 + years experience in Large Format printing.
- Effective process management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge Large Format Printing, Packaging, Estimating and Product Construction.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to multi-task.
- Working knowledge of the industry and market conditions.
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to Execute – Targets and achieves results, sets and accomplishes challenging goals, prioritizes and manages tasks effectively, maintains an organized system to monitor progress, overcomes obstacles and accepts accountability.
- Commitment to Task – Meets commitments, works independently, accepts ownership of projects and outcomes, takes personal responsibility and sets objectives/standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements, shows a sense of urgency about getting results.
- Communication – Clearly exchanges thoughts, ideas and messages through written, verbal and non-verbal methods that promote an understanding with the target audience. Creates accurate and punctual reports, shares information and ideas with others in a timely manner. Listens carefully and attentively.
- Customer Focus – For both internal and external customers, builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction.
- Diversity – Supports an inclusive workplace, incorporates different viewpoints and ideas to maximize performance and contributions of employees, develops strengths in team members, deals respectfully with colleagues, customers and vendors at all levels, understands his/her role in building and sustaining a culture of high performance.
- Initiative – Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development, demonstrates a bias for action without prompting.
- Innovation – Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, pursues ongoing improvements, supports change, encourages originality, solves problems creatively.
- Quality – Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, continuously looks for improvements, finds root cause of problems, owns/acts on problems, seeks opportunities to increase effectiveness and efficiency while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Safety Mindset – Promotes a respect for all aspects of safety, keeps workplace clean and safe, supports safety programs, policies/procedures, takes preventative and corrective action to address potential safety hazards and prevent future injuries, resists temptation to cut corners where safety is concerned, follows all safety related company policies and complies with location specific safety rules, drives safely on and off company property.
The Large Format Finishing Supervisor position reports directly to the Finishing Manager.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen.
Body Positions: Infrequently required to spend periods in operations, regularly walking, standing and sitting at a computer.
Body Movements: The employee must have a full range of body movements including the use of hands & fingers to handle or feel objects, bending, reaching with hands and arms, and crouching.
Body Senses: Must have command of the following senses: sight, hearing, speech and touch. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, distant vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
Strength: Occasionally must be able to lift and/or move up to 15 lbs.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
This position will spend most of their time working in an office setting. Limited time will be spent in a production area that is relatively loud. This position frequently requires overtime and weekend work is very infrequent. Travel is infrequent.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Amsive, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call (331) 318-7800.
Amsive is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a supportive and inclusive environment for all employees. It is Amsive’s continuing policy to provide equal employment opportunity and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy or childbirth, marital status, national origin, ancestry or citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including (but not limited to) application for employment, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers, training, layoffs, rehires, termination of employment and all other terms and conditions of employment.
As part of the Company’s equal employment opportunity policy, Amsive will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.