AMSIVE LLC/GENESIS DIRECT
Thank you for your interest in joining our team. We’re committed to excellence. That’s why we invest in great people—knowledgeable, customer-focused, collaborative and responsive—who are trained for today’s problems and tomorrow’s solutions. We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the commitment to mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization. Explore our culture.
The role of the Material Handler is to accurately receive, store and issue materials, equipment and other items from stockroom or warehouse, keep inventory records, compile stock reports, assist in assuring safety and security of building and staff and acts as a back-up to the Driver/ Material Handler.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Warehouse/ Inventory Control
- Measure, weight or count products or materials to maintain accurate inventory of stock.
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices or orders to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing materials.
- Determine proper storage methods, identification and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors and physical capabilities of facility.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, damages or discrepancies for reporting, accounting or recordkeeping purposes.
- Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools or other labeling equipment.
- Pack, seal, label and affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using work devices such as tools, computer and postage meters.
- Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes and rates.
- Deliver or route materials to departments throughout the facility.
- Contact carrier representatives to make arrangements or to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
Safety/ Security/ Maintenance
- Clean and perform general maintenance on supplies, tools, equipment and storage areas.
- Charge fork lift batteries following proper safety procedures.
- Reports any safety concerns or problems to the Facility Manager or other available member of management or Human Resources.
- Is responsible for assisting in maintaining the security of the facility.
- Provide assistance or direction to venders, coworkers, etc. when needed.
- Confer or correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages or nonconformance to specifications.
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading or shipping orders, to route material.
- Assist in odd jobs in office area, inside and outside of plant as required.
40 hours over a 5 day period; typically Monday through Friday. 1st Shift Hours: 7:00am -3:30pm. Scheduled days and times may vary based on need. Occasional overtime and weekend shifts may be required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Degree desired
- Must hold and be able to maintain a clean class “D” or higher Driver License.
- 2-5 years of experience as a material handler.
- Use of Tools- Reach Truck, Pallet jacks, small assorted hand tools, hand trucks, fork lifts, etc.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Amsive, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call (813) 855-5604 x1205.
Amsive is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a supportive and inclusive environment for all employees. It is Amsive’s continuing policy to provide equal employment opportunity and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy or childbirth, marital status, national origin, ancestry or citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including (but not limited to) application for employment, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers, training, layoffs, rehires, termination of employment and all other terms and conditions of employment.
As part of the Company’s equal employment opportunity policy, Amsive will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.