Amsive is a data-centric omnichannel marketing services agency with approximately 1,000 employees. The agency’s roots are in digital/direct marketing and graphic communications and over the past 5 years have transformed into a leading strategic marketing services agency with a diversity of strategic offerings and solutions for marketing clients. We have brought together award-winning teams with deep data resources, expert marketing channel execution and industry experience across many client verticals. We bring our clients’ marketing to life by shaping strategy, identifying audiences, developing creative, and executing omnichannel communications across digital, direct mail and traditional media. We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the commitment to mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization. Explore our culture.
Summary/Objective: The Warehouse Manager plans, organizes and monitors the receiving, storage and distribution of all items received either from suppliers or production shops, ensuring a smooth and consistent operation so parts and supplies are located and distributed to proper departments in an effective and efficient manner as needed to satisfy internal and external customer requirements.
- Maintains a personnel structure and staffing level to accomplish the warehouse and receiving mission in an effective and efficient manner. Interviews and recommends applicants for hire as warehouse and receiving associates.
- Plans and coordinates work, trains and motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of warehouse and receiving associates; ensures their ability to safely operate material handling equipment to move materials to and from storage configurations; counsels, records and disciplines as necessary.
- Maintains an equipment structure and level to accomplish the warehouse and receiving mission in a safe, effective manner. Provides appropriate equipment and racking to ensure the safe transport and storage of all materials. Researches material handling equipment to ensure procurement of the most suitable equipment in terms of performance, safety, reliability and cost.
- Monitors the unloading of all materials into the receiving department; ensures materials are staged for counting and inspection; ensures receiving reports accurately report material received. Resolves discrepancies with accounting regarding invoices, packing slips, and receiver reports. Monitors the flow of paperwork from receiving to inventory control for timely data entry. Oversees the movement of material from receiving to the warehouse in an efficient, effective and safe manner.
- Oversees the supplying of materials to production and stages material for assembly and sub-assembly. Ensures materials are stored properly to conserve space and comply with safety procedures. Oversees the rotation of inventories within the warehouse.
- Monitors and measures receiving and warehouse performance for accuracy of locator, receiving reporting, movement and storage of material, and transfers to service parts.
- Develops and recommends annual budget requirements for the warehouse and receiving department. Anticipates and requests funding for future personnel requirements. Anticipates and requests funding for future material handling equipment.
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Organizational Skills
- Mathematical Skills
- Time Management
- Performance Management
- Teamwork Orientation
- Financial Management
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and recommended hiring of the employees within that department.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment and warehouse setting with some outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, and occasionally standard warehouse equipment such as fork lift, hand trucks, box cutters and tape dispensers.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee may occasionally lift/move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Travel: No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience: B.S. or B.A. degree in business management, industrial management or related field or combination of education/experience, 3 to 5 years of experience in warehousing, receiving, inventory control or materials management in a manufacturing environment, with 2 years of supervisory experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Security Clearance: Amsive is a Federal Contractor and this position may require government security clearance for certain projects.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AAP/EEO Statement: AAP/EEO Statement: Amsive is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes providing equal opportunity for all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Amsive, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call (331) 318-7800.
Amsive is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a supportive and inclusive environment for all employees. It is Amsive’s continuing policy to provide equal employment opportunity and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy or childbirth, marital status, national origin, ancestry or citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including (but not limited to) application for employment, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers, training, layoffs, rehires, termination of employment and all other terms and conditions of employment.
As part of the Company’s equal employment opportunity policy, Amsive will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.