Thank you for your interest in joining our team. We’re committed to excellence. That’s why we invest in great people—knowledgeable, customer-focused, collaborative and responsive—who are trained for today’s problems and tomorrow’s solutions. We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the commitment to mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization. Explore our culture.
We are looking for a Help Desk Technician to configure, maintain, and ensure a secure and stable operation of both internal and external networks while developing and maintaining all system and network configurations. This person will be an integral part of the IT team and report directly to the Director of IT. Together you will be executing routine maintenance and upgrade activities with minimal disruptions to the business in accordance with Change Management policies and procedures. Along with providing end user support for deployed systems and off the shelf applications as needed.
- Providing Tier 1 Help Desk support via ticketing system; Provides technical support and guidance to end users as needed, both internally and externally.
- Communicating closely with staff to identify needs and resolve.
- Identifying and troubleshooting application, and hardware performance issues.
- End-to-End computer (Desktop/Laptop) management, ensuring stable, secure, and reliable working platform for all users.
- Installation of Window OS, Apple OS, patches, and upgrades.
- Follow Configuration Management processes and protocols.
- Office 365 administration
- Administer Third Party Software Patch Management software.
- Assist with maintenance of all systems, applications and security.
- After-hour and on-call support.
- Remediation of vulnerability findings.
- Reviewing log data and system admin tools to assist in diagnosing system H/W and S/W problems, potential security incidents.
- Inventory management to include accounting, issuing, and reporting inventory assets.
- Responsible for backups, risk management, and contingency planning.
- Assist with installation and support of all servers (Windows and Linux) and workstations (PC and Mac).
- 0-2 experience in an IT supporting function.
- CompTIA A+ Certification or MCSA is a plus.
- Strong technical knowledge of Windows and Apple desktop operating systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot a variety of technical issues including LAN/WAN, VPN, Microsoft Office, VoIP phones, network printers, and remote desktop.
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to maintain a strict standard of confidentially of both personnel information and client data resulting in a successful audit for confidentiality of customer and employee data.
- Excellent project management skills while demonstrating the ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards.
- Demonstrates strong work drive putting forth effort, persistence, pride and whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Demonstrate good people skills at all levels of the organization; maintain excellent performance under pressure.
- Consistently a team player through relationships, cross-training and being able to back up other team members as needed working as a valuable member of the organization.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Work Environment: Work in office environment as a member of the Information Technology team. Interaction and support across all locations.
Physical Demands: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, and copiers.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. The hours are generally 8:30-5:30 Monday through Friday.
Travel: As needed to support Enterprise infrastructure
Required Education and Experience: BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline, CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Administrator), VCP (VMware Certified Professional), MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional), or equivalent work experience.
Preferred Education and Experience: Three years of professional experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position, to include professional experience as a dedicated Network Administrator, in a managed service or a medium to large professional environment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Security Clearance: Amsive is a Federal Contractor, and this position may require government security clearance.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Amsive, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call (331) 318-7800.
Amsive is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a supportive and inclusive environment for all employees. It is Amsive’s continuing policy to provide equal employment opportunity and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy or childbirth, marital status, national origin, ancestry or citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including (but not limited to) application for employment, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers, training, layoffs, rehires, termination of employment and all other terms and conditions of employment.
As part of the Company’s equal employment opportunity policy, Amsive will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.