Data and Audience
Top-notch tools to create highly targeted campaigns for the right audience.
Direct mail marketing is one of the most effective ways to generate leadsiA lead is nothing more than a potential customer or prospect, but more importantly a lead has the potential to become a future customer of your brand or service. Whether this person is considered to be in one's pipeline or just a cold contact, anyone with potential to turn into business is considered a lead. Marketing to a lead is reaching them with your messaging in hopes... Read More, especially for mortgage brokers. And we can say that with confidence as it is with building direct mail marketing campaigns for mortgage companies is where we got our start.
We’ve worked with countless mortgage brokers over the years and we’ve seen what this marketing strategy can bring to the table. One of our clients even enjoyed a 41 percent increase in response and, from that, an additional 26 percent in conversions.
According to USPS, about 98 percent of consumers bring in their mail the day it’s delivered. Of these, about 72 percent bring it in as soon as possible. And 77 percent of them sort through their mail immediately. In spite of the increased use of smart devices, there’s a growing appreciation for receiving ‘something tangible’ like direct mail especially among millennials who are primarily the dominant target audience of the mortgage market alongside baby boomers.
How to Create Winning Mortgage Direct Mail Marketing Campaigns
If you want to achieve the best result for your direct mail marketingiDirect mail marketing is the act of using the postal service to deliver promotional marketing material direct to a customer based on demographic information such as age, location or income. Direct mail pieces can include postcards, catalogs and other promotional pieces enables one-on-one communication with your audience, so you can control who receives the message and when... Read More campaign, you have to pay attention to your mail’s content. Mail you send out should be top-notch, personalized, concise, and visually appealing to help you generate valuable leads.
Here are three helpful tips that will help you get the best from your direct mail strategy to generate mortgage leads:
1. Segment Your List and Create Personalized Mail
First thing’s first, make sure you properly segmentiSegmentation is the process of dividing a company's entire target audience into smaller segments by shared characteristics to permit more specific, personalized marketing options. A high-end, luxury car may have segmented audiences based on income or demographics such as location. That luxury car might be marketed to the income segment for its high-end finishes and luxury ... Read More your list into demographic or behavioral categories whichever data is available. Segmenting your mailing lists paves the way for specific targeting and helps you create personalized messaging which increases engagement, maximizes conversions, and increases returns.
Personalization is crucial for getting your mail pieces noticed by your recipients and having them engaged. A recent survey reveals that 87 percent of consumers claimed that relevant branded content positively influences how they perceive the brand.
Learn how you can personalizeiPersonalization is when communication is tailored to an individual based on information a company has learned about that person through collected data and internet habits. Maybe a potential customer lives in the Arizona desert and loves long-distance running. A personalized marketing approach would be to use that data to send that consumer information about running in the ... Read More your direct mails here: Personalization vs Individualization.
2. Make Your Offer Irresistible
Your ability to generate mortgage leads out of direct mail marketing depends on the attractiveness of your offer. In fact, your offer alone can carry your campaign to success. Wear your thinking cap, get creative, and make sure you create an offer that would be hard to resist.
Here’s what you should keep in mind when creating an offer:
- The outcome should be clear. If you want your prospects to provide you with their personal data, or purchase something from you, you have to give them something in return. It could be a discount, free content, or any offer that you feel provides value to your audience.
- Define a specific pain point you provide solutions for. Connect your offer to a specific problem your target audience is currently facing. The better you can make an emotional connection, the more irresistible your offer becomes.
- Include social proof like testimonials and customer reviews. Showing evidence of how your products or services have helped other customers can definitely help your prospect in their decision-making.
- Make a guarantee. Whether it’s as simple as providing phone consultation or providing money-back options, guarantees are important for your audience.
Remember though, what offer is irresistible can differ according to your segment. Take time to craft your messaging and research what language speaks best to your audience that can help you improve your offering.
3. Call to Action Should Be Clear
You may have the best, creative content but without a clear call-to-actioniThe call to action is exactly that you want your target consumer to do. You have their attention. Now what do you want them to do? The call to action in marketing is the same as “the ask” in sales. If someone visits a new car showroom and expresses interest in the shiny red sports car, any good salesman will ask if they’d like to take it for a test drive. Maybe even ... Read More, all of your efforts go to waste. Make it clear to your audience where they will be going and what they can expect from taking action.
Here are some tips in writing your call-to-action:
- Create a sense of urgency. This will induce a fear of missing out on a limited offer and provide incentives to your recipient so they get encouraged to take action.
- Highlight the benefits. What’s in it for your recipient? Give them a good reason why they should take action and provide them with something valuable.
- Personalize the CTA. Even the simple gesture of adding your recipient’s name in the call-to-action is an underutilized and effective way to increase your conversions.
- Remove friction. Determine where your audience is in the buying process and give them as easy a commitment as possible. Do not ask for a high commitment upfront especially if they’re a cold audience.
- Use effective command words. Again, you want to be precise and clear with what you want your recipient to do. Use words like “shop”, “order”, “buy”, “subscribe”, “download”, etc.
For the best return for your budget, work with professional mortgage direct mail marketing experts. We use top-notch tools and create highly targeted campaigns for the right audience. We offer the best performance metrics possible to greatly improve the predictability of your marketing efforts.